Leavers is the official celebration for students completing their secondary education.
The celebrations take place in various destinations across Australia and for West Australian students, the preferred destinations are Dunsborough, Busselton, Yallingup, and Margaret River.
During the official Leavers dates, the Southwest swells with thousands of school leavers flocking to the beachside towns for five epic days of sun, surf, nightly parties and good vibes with their mates. Over the last decade, it has become a rite of passage and a must-do event for all high-school graduates.
Official Leavers WA accommodation dates:
- 2023 Leavers dates: Sunday, 19 November 2023 to Friday, 24 November 2023
- 2024 Leavers dates: Sunday, 17 November 2024 to Friday, 22 November 2024
Leavers Zone is the official party hub for Leavers. The event consists of DJ's, silend disco, carnival rides, chill out areas, food trucks and other amazing attractions. It is a drug, alcohol and smoke-free event with over 10,000 Leavers in attendance each year.
The event is organised by the “Leavers Planning Committee”, consisting of West Australian Police Force, Department of Health, Department of Transport, The Red Frogs, St Johns Ambulance Services, and other partner organisations. With extensive safety and security procedures in place, Mum and Dad can relax knowing that you are partying in a safe, secure, and controlled environment.
- The Zone runs on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of Leavers week.
- The event starts at 7PM and finishes at 1PM each night.
- Please Note: Event dates and times may change each year.
The Leavers Entertainment Zone is located on the Vasse-Yallingup Siding Rd. It is approximately 15-minutes drive from Dunsborough town centre and approximately 20-minutes drive from Busselton town centre.
Leavers Beach Fest (formally the Meelup Beach Party) is held on the Wednesday of Leavers week. Please Note: Event dates and times may change each year.
- The Leavers wristband is your access ticket to the Leavers Entertainment Zone.
- This wristband also gives you access to the Beach Fest (Formally Meelup Beach Party) and the Leavers bus.
- Leavers Zone Tickets can be purchased online. Then, you must exchange your ticket for a wristband upon your arrival in Dunsborough or Busselton during Leavers week.
- The wristband cannot be picked-up in advance. You must do so upon your arrival in Dunsborough or Busselton. (This is done to ensure only legitimate school leavers are entering the event.)
- Please Note: The purchase and redemption process may change each year.
The Leavers Zone wristband costs $110.00 for a four-day pass and $50.00 for a one-day pass. Access to the Beach Fest is only available via the four-day pass. (Please Note: Prices may vary each year.)
- The official Leavers bus is a complementary service when purchasing your Leavers Zone wristbands.
- The bus service runs in a circular route between Busselton, Dunsborough and Yallingup druing Leavers week.
- The service stops running at 1am, so please ensure you plan ahead or expect to pay a motza for Ubers and Taxis.
- Leavers Private Transport packages are for guests who are staying in accommodation venues that are not on the official Leavers WA bus route.
- Due to the nature of Leavers, with more than 10,000 guests in attendance, Uber’s and Taxis are extremely limited. Therefore, we highly recommend Leavers Private Transport packages as a safe, cost-effective way to get to the Leavers Zone and Meelup Beach Day and back to your Leavers accommodation.
- To purchase your Leavers Private Transport package, please send us an enquiry via our Contact Us page.
To ensure the safety of all guests, private vehicles are not permitted near the Leavers Entertainment Zone or the Beach Fest. Your only means of access is via the official Leavers bus or Park & Ride Zones.
- The official Leavers bus will only stop at designated stops between Busselton, Dunsborough and Yallingup.
- Leavers private transport options are usually a door to door service.
You will require the following ID types to purchase your Leavers Wristband:
- You will need proof that you were a Year 12 student or equivalent in your travel year. (Such as a copy of your graduation certificate, a school report, or an original letter from your school or TAFE.
- You will need photo ID (must be a recent photo). (Such as a school identification card with a current photo, Transperth SmartRider with your school name and current photo on it, Passport, Driver’s license or a signed letter from your school with attached passport photo signed. original document and no photocopies).
- Please Note: You will need one piece of identification from both "1." and "2." above.
- Students that are of high-school graduating age. (i.e. Finishing year-12.)
- However, if you had left school or pursuing other types of education or work, you are still permitted to attend, provided it is on your graduating year (had you completed high-school).
Click here for more information - Leavers parents information